Answered By: Aine Meehan Last Updated: Mon,Jan,2018 Views: 12
To create a table of contents first of all make sure that you are using words heading styles. ( Heading 1, Heading 2 and so on)
(Figure 1 : Headings Styles)
- Click in your document where you want to create the table of contents.
- Then go to the view tab and click on outline view to make sure you headings and subheadings are correct.
(Figure 2: Outline View)
- To insert your table of contents go to the references tab and then click on Table of contents.
- Click on the type of table of contents you wish to add.
- If you make changes later to your headings you will need to update your table of contents. To do that you click on the references tab and click update table, choose update entire table . Always do this before you print or upload your document anywhere.
Its easier to understand by watching a video, so here's one we made earlier :) :