How do I access the library databases Off Campus?
You go to the library website: http://library.itsligo.ie/ and click on the databases button, then select the database you with to open and click Go.
You will then be asked to log in using your campus login details which is the same as you use for Moodle.
How do I access Summon Off Campus?
Just do a summon search, once you click on a link that requires authentication the campus login page will pop up.
What is Summon anyway?
Please see this guide to what exactly Summon is.
What is my Campus Login?
Your campus log in details are your student e-mail address and your campus password. They are the same details that you use with your college e-mail , Moodle and logging into a college pc.
Off campus the campus login is also used on the library website for the databases and Summon.
How do I get a Campus Password?
On Campus Students
To get a Campus Password on campus follow these instructions:
- Go to a PC in a computer lab or in the library.
- Enter your student Number/ID as the username (for example Sxxxxxxxx)
- Enter your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY as your initial password
- When prompted, enter a new password
- Re-enter the new password to confirm it
- Select the button
Your logon ID will be Sxxxxxxxx for the computers.
Your email logon ID will be Sxxxxxxxx@mail.itsligo.ie
Your default password is your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY.
(so if your DOB is 7th March, 1987, then your password is 07031987)
Off Campus Students
To get a Campus Password off campus follow these instructions:
- Go to https://password.itsligo.ie and choose the third option on the list - Change Password.
- Enter your student Number/ID (for example Sxxxxxxxx) in the box called "Student ID/Username".
- Enter your date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY as your initial password"Existing password".
- Enter your new password in the box called "New password". Your new password must be a minimum of 6 characters or numbers or a combination of both.
- Enter your new password again in the box celled "Confirm new password"
- Click the "Change Password" button.
Check out this FAQ on how to get your Student ID Card posted if you are an off campus student.
If you have lost your Campus password you will have to contact the IT Service Helpdesk.
How to contact IT Services
IT Services IT services run a helpdesk in room 3 of the Social Learning Zone (very bottom floor of the library) from 10-12 and 2-4 Monday to Thursday and on a Fridays 10 - 12.
Their phone number is +353 (0) 71 9155446. If you leave a voicemail with your contact details and student number they will get back to you.
What is the library password then?
The library password is completely separate from your campus password, and is used to renew your books online, access the exam papers and use the self service quick check(check out your own books) machine in the library.
More Info on the library password